Netherlands - Large survey on working conditions - May 31, 2016

The National Survey on Working Conditions (NEA) is a large scale survey among the workforce. In 2015 the statistical office CBS and research institute TNO worked out the 11th NEA, in cooperation with the labour ministry. The results show that only 20% of the workforce active in flexible jobs is satisfied with this status; the other 80% is looking for a direct contract. The survey also asked the attitude of workers towards collective agreements. The respondents (in total almost 46,000 workers) expressed both high importance (19.5 not important, 50.6% important, 30% highly important) and relatively high satisfaction (18.8% not satisfied, 70% satisfied, 11.2% highly satisfied) towards the existence and content of collective agreements.

Dutch: https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/nieuws/2016/20/1-op-de-5-flexwerkers-heeft-voorkeur …  

The report (in Dutch): http://www.monitorarbeid.tno.nl/dynamics/modules …  

For more information, please contact the editor Jan Cremers, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies (AIAS) cbn-aias@uva.nl or the communications officer at the ETUI, Willy De Backer wdebacker@etui.org. For previous issues of the Collective bargaining newsletter please visit http://www.etui.org/E-Newsletters/Collective-bargaining-newsletter. Since June 2013 readers can consult our archive and search through all articles in our database at www.cbnarchive.euYou may find further information on the ETUI at www.etui.org, and on the AIAS at www.uva-aias.net.

© ETUI aisbl, Brussels 2016. All rights reserved. We encourage the distribution of this newsletter and of the information it contains, for non-commercial purposes and provided the source is credited. The ETUI is not responsible for the content of external internet sites. The ETUI is financially supported by the European Union. The European Union is not responsible for any use made of the information contained in this publication.
This email is sent from www.etui.org.


News Archive

Loading...