Minimum Wage News
- Read more... here!
- 92 WageIndicator Countries - 60 new countries in the pipeline
- WageIndicator Salary Surveys
- WageIndicator Salary Checks - Updates non stop
- WageIndicator Minimum Wages - Latest update September 2017
- WageIndicator Minimum Wages and Big Mac
- WageIndicator Wages in Context - Update August 2017
- WageIndicator Wages in Context country reports - Update August 2017
- WageIndicator Labour Law - Non stop updates
- WageIndicator Labour Law in Maps - Update May 2017
- WageIndicator Collective Agreements - Non stop updates
WageIndicator creates DecentWorkChecks. Currently (2017) these are operational and put online in almost 100 countries, together with a standard selection of the national labour laws. However, there remain dozens more countries to go. As we proceed, finding labour law information online gets harder. Therefore WageIndicator urgently calls upon Law Graduates to assist in this effort. All our volunteers have the language skills needed to create easy to understand content on local labour legislation. For the list of countries that are covered already, please visit www.decentworkcheck.org. Assistance in reviewing and updating published labour law content is also greatly appreciated.
Publish labour law information as a first step to increase awareness Increased awareness about labour rights arguably helps to enforce decent labour standards. The DecentWorkCheck, an online comparative tool developed by WageIndicator, fills information gaps with the aim to increase labour rights awareness as a first step. Informed individuals - whether a worker, self-employed, employee, employer, policy maker, or labour inspector – are more likely to ask for their rights (as a worker), comply with the rules (as an employer), strive to enforce these (as a labour inspector) and try to foster proper legislation (as a policy maker).
Towards global coverage in 2019: In 2016 alone, 40 million Internet users visited 92 WageIndicator country websites to access labour law and other related information. We aim to increase our outreach to 160 countries by the end of 2019, i.e. approaching global coverage.
If you are interested to participate in our work, please Contact us.
Collective Bargaining News
- Read more... here!
- United Kingdom - Picturehouse threatens to sack striking workers - October 31, 2017
- United Kingdom - Transport strike in Manchester - October 31, 2017
- United Kingdom - Modern slavery in the shipping industry - October 31, 2017
- Switzerland - Collective agreement at Coop - October 31, 2017
- Sweden - Nordea bank announces giant job cuts - October 31, 2017
more... WageIndicator News!
- BARCOM meeting on 'Understanding Collective Agreements in the Commerce Sector' - November 21, 2017
- SSON Global Shared Services Salary Market Report 2017
- Living Wages Around the World in 55 countries - World Day for Decent Work, October 7, 2017
- 24 October 2017: NEW Online Course on Fair Wages Strategies in a Global Economy
- New Video: The Principles of WageIndicator - September 2017
- 11/21/2017: The best of WageIndicator - November 2017
- 10/24/2017: The best of WageIndicator - October 2017
- 10/04/2017: WageIndicator dedicates its data to World Day for Decent Work, 55 countries plus
- 09/15/2017: The best of WageIndicator - September 2017
- 08/04/2017: The best of WageIndicator - July & August 2017